Monday, March 30, 2009

Malacca trip with the Rompongz

27th March 2009

Malacca trip with Setapak Rompongz (Ninja 250R Owners Group)

It was a trip planned weeks ago by a small group of Ninja 250R owners, Dean owns one, and I hang out with them sometimes. They invited me to join in the ride, the more the merrier i guess. I wanted to ride along on my KSR, but there's no way i could keep up, even if i could, it would be suicide for my engine. Well, not to disappoint anyone, I became Dean's pillion for the trip. I know there would be sarcasm, you just can't get away from that, and I do understand, I still remember my excitement when I was as young as they were, riding cross country with friends, oh god, I'm reminiscing, snapping out now, back to the trip..

The group decided to ride at night, which i wasn't very keen about. With the current weather condition, it would be rather dangerous and experience taught me, when a group of friends together on their bikes, you can see each of their personality shining through the leathers and dark visors. The conservatives, the self-prover, the in-charge, the sacrifier, it was fun, tiring, as the pillion seat of the Ninja is like 20cm of wrapped foam. It wasn't kind to the passenger on a long ride.

View at the beach side chalet

The group reached Tangkak at around 1.15am, where we spent the night at Apis's grandparents house. They were very hospitable which really made the journey felt somewhat worthwhile. The next day, we went to A'Farmosa waterpark, not much I could say about the trip, the lodging for the next night were a last minute booking, but it was a very nice place, with some very nice views, thanks to Bapak (not his real name) and Pian (used to be Malacca local boy). The trip was refreshing for me, gave me the urge to start cross country biking again, really missed my Virago, maybe its time to start restoring her back to her former glory.

We had some laugh, we had some fun, and looking at them reminds me of myself 6 years ago. Where life was kind to me and all the dark side of life is hidden from me. I wonder what will I do next, should I ride again, and re-live the good old days or am I too old for that. Maybe I should just say, been there, done that and move on, but I guess my passion for two wheels could never end. Even humans walk on two legs, for wheels are boring, and most animals have four legs, and they're dumb, violent and boring. Strictly my thoughts only, and view is reserved in terms of excitement and fun factor, so don't flame me


Most of the free time was used up for photo sessions, and with two DSLR and two camera enthusiast with us, we snap some very good pictures.


It has been a while since I watch the sun setting down the beach and it has always been beautiful. A view to be grateful for. Thank you for making this world such a beautiful place, thank you for giving me the time to indulge the beauty and magnificence of Your creations.



I barely notice, two days had passed and eventful two days. It was time to return home. We took the b-road back to KL, from Sungai Udang to PD to Sepang via Bukit Pelandok, as I am not riding, I volunteered as an onboard camera man and Dean's bike officially became the camera bike.

Snapped dozens of pictures, but I personally think, the shot below is one of the best.




We reached Kuala Lumpur at around 9pm, it was a wet ride from KLP highway. All is done, it was a great trip. It made me think a lot. They were a nice bunch to hang out with, fun (some are natural comedians) and friendly. It was nice to see people still enjoying life as they should and I am honestly thinking of leaving all my problems and past behind, and start anew. Maybe I should, we don't live forever..

-Alantris-


No comments:

Post a Comment