Saturday, March 21, 2009

Thursday, 19th March 2009

Allright, so we didn't make it to FRIM on Tuesday, when Faisal text me of his FRIM plans, tired I may be, but my answer was a definite YES.



We decided to scout the pipeline route we saw on the map days before. The plan was set, simple, RV at Taqwa (our habitual meeting place) at 3pm and we start from thereon.

Prep my self and as usual, always add 45 minutes to suggested meet up time. I had a quick lunch at Taqwa, enjoying the view, and at 3:45p.m, Faisal arrived. After the ritual "loading of the bike on the car rack" ceremony, we drove off to FRIM, a short 15 minutes drive from Taqwa.

We followed our normal route initially, which was the rover tracks (or also formally known as the canopy walk), and moved on to the Dream Trails. It felt a bit better this time, I guess all that cycling does improve my endurance after all. After the FRIM routines, we diverted our course towards the supposed "Pipeline tracks", and when I thought steroid hill was hard, well this was a paved version of steroid hill, smoother ride, but harsher on your heart and lung. I paddled slow, but steady and sure and the test of endurance really made me think of the "uncles" who are regular on these tracks. Salute to them!!

After an agonizing 20 minutes or so of uphill paddling (for me at least) we reach the entrance to the pipeline track, i repeat, the ENTRANCE.

We rested for some pic and the time was already showing 5:30pm. The route was scattered with loose rocks, and the pipeline (yes, that's why they call it the pipeline track) was rusted and covered with moss, at times we need to cross over it, it was very slippery. I slipped sideways more than twice trying to manouver across it.

We couldn't complete the tracks though as I need to work that night. Time was rather envious of us hence we made the wisest decision...




Turn around and head home before we get to the PoNR!
!

The home run was more relaxed, downhill all the way, despites some obstacles along the path, Faisal and me was taking turns lifting a tree blocking our path.. kidding, but we snap a few pic along the way down.


Pictures are worth a thousand word, I would be laughing when looking back at these in another 10 years ha ha.

Faisal lending a hand

Me lending a shoulder

Catching our breaths

Home.. work.. home.. work..

We reach Taqwa back at about 6:30pm or so where we gathered with Dean and Lan. The day is done, and we chatted and laughed at our little adventure. Putrajaya recce ride on Sunday, so, Dean, Lan, prep your bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment