Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Tuesday, 17th March 2009

Woke up rather late that day, but was rather refreshed, spent half of my Monday cycling with Dean. Poor guy, had to put up with me, but again, he enjoyed cycling too. After exchanging a couple of SMSes, the deal was done, cycling in FRIM at 5p.m. FRIM, well, I love that place, the air is fresh, the surrounding is serene. A good way to get your mind off of things.

At about 6p.m, was SMS'ed by Faisal, the poor chap had an accident, nothing serious though, just his car. I was already at the RV point, all geared up and set to go, well, had to forget FRIM then. SMS'ed Dean, and our destination, Kepong, I don't know what's the place named, but if you're driving along MRR2, you'll see it alongside the road, with lots and lots of kites hovering above it.

So, new RV point at Petronas Batu Caves, wasted no time, the both of us cycled to Kepong. The trip was roughly around 6km one way, and we weren't disappointed, it was a nice place to relax.

We cycled around the lake (an ex tin mine I believe) the place was quite crowded with people, but it was big enough to accommodate them all.

The only annoying thing are motorcyclist, don't get me wrong, I ride too. I love fast bike, and i love to ride fast, but there, a few groups of motorcyclist were sprinting their cheap machines with no regards for the safety of others, the path was crowded with joggers, old folks, childrens. Race on the streets, and put your own life on the line idiots.

Maybe they should reconsider allowing motorcycle in the path. I saw some makcik and pakcik who like to cruise around the lake, enjoying the scenery and fresh air, but while we were there, we only came across a few bikes cruising and enjoying themselves. Majority of the motorcycles were ridden by school kids (and a few grown ups with the mentality of a five years old) doing at least 60kmh on a narrow 4 feet wide pathway meant for joggers and bicycles. They really made bikers look bad.



Enough of my rants, the return trip was most rewarding, the sun was setting when we came across a crossing bridge, still under construction, but I guess strong enough to support me and Dean (I'm not big). We stop a while and snap a few pic, the view was majestic, and it somewhat made me glad to be here and alive, still, of course.

Looking at the setting sun, for me, is very calming. I don't like the bright sunrise, that just made me remember all the things that must, have, needs to be done. Sunset, is different, it reminded me, even the sun needs to set, giving way for us all to rest, to replenish our strength, mind and body alike... Made me enjoy living.. I think.. I guess..


Mr. Deanmalakian


Bike death throw!!





1 comment: